The Family Counsellor provides a variety of parenting education and supportive Interventions that promote healthier family functioning and utilization of community resources. This position also requires computer skills, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to meet reporting deadlines. This position is a temporary vacancy for one year with the possibility of extension.
Position Type: Temporary Vacancy, 35 hours per week for one (1) year with the possibility of an extension
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assessment of family and/or child functioning and needs.
- Provide time limited interventions with a standard length of service appropriate to each program model.
- Plans for timely resolution of the presenting problems or crises within the projected timeframe.
- Develop and implement a counselling, support and intervention plan in collaboration with the family and their ICM team.
- Provide counselling, support and intervention services in the family home or in the community, as appropriate.
- Liaise with others providing service to the family.
- Work in a collaborative form with MCFD to serve in the best interest of the Child.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of services delivered to the child, youth or family.
- Redevelop goals with the client on a regular basis, as problems are resolved.
- Support the client, particularly in regard to housing, health, basic needs or schooling.
- Co-facilitate group parent education and support programs ? Provide culturally competent service to clients.
- Maintains timely records of assessments, contacts, logs referrals and MCFD reports.
- Remain up-to-date with all services provided by WFRS and its community partners.
- Participate in committees and agency initiatives to contribute to the development of agency services/program delivery.
- To work collaboratively as a team with management, team leaders and other WFRS Peers in delivery of services according to the agency mission and values.
- To work collaboratively as a team with supervisor and peers in delivery of specific service goals according to the agency mission and values.
- Other duties as required.
Responsibilities to Clients
Education and Qualifications
- Provide information on our program/our policies/ and define responsibilities (ours and theirs) throughout a client’s involvement with the program (prior, at intake, during process).
- Respect client’s rights to accept or decline our services, inform them of the consequences of declining our services.
- Assist in making recommendations to other resources if possible when service is declined or when other services are needed by the clients while in our program.
- Ensure that every client receives an Intake Package and review it with the clients
- Ensure that clients are involved in the report writing process/goal development/service plan where appropriate.
- Ensure that regular and ongoing feedback from clients is requested and properly documented, filed, and a follow up on recommendations are considered.
- Help create a friendly, culturally sensitive, and welcoming environment for clients ? Attend case conferences.
- Attend Case conference with other professionals.
- Connect clients to community services.
- Relevant MA with 3 years experience, or relevant BA with 5 years experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Computer operating systems, ie. Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Publisher.
- An understanding of integrated case management/wrap around service delivery.
- Work with families who may present multiple service needs related to poverty, addictions, violence, child abuse or neglect, and mental health issues.
- Second language preferred.
- Provide counselling in a variety of approaches that best fits client needs.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Current First Aid and Class Five Driver’s License.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Driver’s abstract.
- Vehicle required for this position.
- Work evenings and weekends when required.
- Working in multiple sites when needed.
- Attend mandatory agency day training/presentations.
- Union membership is required for this position and is open to male and female applicants .
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position Type: Temporary Vacancy, 35 hours per week
Timeline: One (1) year with the possibility of an extension
Reports to: Team Leader
Union: This is a union position
Benefits: Casual benefits upon completion of probation
Salary: Grid Level 14P, Step 1, $26.10 per hour
Posting Date: March 2, 2018
Closing Date: March 9, 2018 4:00pm
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications must be legally eligible to work in Canada.